Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A Forgotten Melody

You have become just like a song to me.
A song that I crave to listen to, to soothe my aching my soul
To work up a tear, to provide inspiration.
A song that I don't often listen to
Just in times of desperation.
A melancholy song that tugs at my heart and reminds me of a love I once knew.
A love that was pure and resolute.
The only love I knew before the world enclosed around me
Shattering dreams, tearing open my heart, filling it with lies and broken promises.
Your love is like a song I only remember when I feel some morsel of you near.
But as I listen to this song again it no longer feels the same
Now you have just become a familiar melody.
Where is this love that once captured me?
When this song has faded from my memory, what will become of you then?

2 comments:

Judtih Dixon said...

Beautiful.

Friends of God said...

Wow! Love the progression of this piece Ali. Love it!